The days are becoming warmer and brighter. Invitations for barbeques are relentless. These slight changes to my life can only mean one thing….
Each day I am going to be forced to become more naked. As my ‘diet’ from winter has not yet evolved and my pasty blotchy legs have not said hello to UV rays for a long while, I need to sort myself out. Two weeks until things really start hotting up. Fuck.
Bringing me some form of mere condolence is the other many girls and boys, who I am friends with, who are thinking ‘fuck’ too. The other 60% of my friends, despite the lack of excercise they do?!, are toned, tanned and not blotchy. As there WILL be photos of me, next to these goddesses, I need to start sorting my bod out using a few steps.
1) Visit the sunbed twice a week. Yes I am aware of their dangerous outcomes, however I am pale, blotchy, veiny and bruised so a forced tan is the way to go if I am going to look half summer ready.
2) Eat healthy and not late. My diet is not atrociuous and I am already slimish. But I would love to lose a few pounds before bouncing around, in a bikini at a festival, next to toned up boho babes. I have also noticed that eating healthy food makes me feel fabulous and gives me a natural glow that does not go un-noticed.
3) SLEEP. 8 hours a night and I look and feel better. 3 hours sleep and an eight hour shift at work (after a heavy night of drinking, dance and drugs) makes me look how I feel. Like fucking shit. And also messes up my body clock for a good 2-3 days.
4) Flattering clothes. Yes, I need to invest but how can I when I have yet to sprout a summer bod?
5) Effort. Effort is something I lack. Shaving every hair on my body, Keeping my nails fresh and neat. Going to sunbeds. Making a meal not buying takeaway. Going for a run.
I have TWO weeks to put in the effort and willpower to regain the body I had last summer. If I have done it before I can do it again.